Macbook acting weird

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

I was running into this issue where I log into my Macbook Pro running Big Sur successfully in the morning on first bootup.  If I reboot, no problem I can login with no issues.

Now if I step away to go to the restroom or get some coffee and my screensaver comes on and I come back and attempt to unlock my screen it just sits there, doesn’t do anything.  No spinning wheel or any signs its doing anything.  If I try and click Cancel or re-enter my password I get a beep.  I end up having to hold the power button down until it shuts off and then I press the power button again to boot up and I can log back in without any issues.

So how do I fix the issue with the screensaver lock not allowing me to release it with my password.

Anything I read online talks about clearing the PRAM and resetting the SMC controller.

RESET PRAM

Upon bootup, hold these down

• Command + Option + P + R
    • hold until system starts then let go

RESET SMC Controller

1. Shutdown your Mac
    2. Press and hold Control (left) + Option (left) + Shift (right)
    3. Keep holding them all for seven seconds, then press and hold the Power button with the other keys.
    4. Keep holding all keys for another seven seconds, then release them
    5. Press the Power button again to restart your Mac

Seems to work but time will tell

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 EventGuyZ LLC | Do not copy content without permission.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Forgot your details?